Updated: Mar 23, 2020
Experience the journey of the soul, magic, and empowerment with laughter and the hummingbird.
Magic and empowerment starts with laughter. Who better to show that then the soul of a hummingbird? Hummingbirds are one of the Divine’s marvelous and fascinating creations and creatures. These independent birds break through barriers as if they were nothing. They are the only bird to be able to fly upset down, sideways, and backwards. They are fearless, and are known for chasing off eagles.
Hummingbirds are known for their immense joy and playfulness. Laughter is a strong component in playfulness. Like hummingbirds, laughter provides much needed medicine in our time. It lowers stress, blood pressure, pain, and protects your heart. Laughter brightens the soul in so many ways that the dark cannot touch or defeat it.
How do we incorporate laughter into our magic and soul medicine?
1) Don’t take life too seriously. We all have obstacles and challenges. This is a part of life that forces you to change and grow. Even our ancestors do not want us to take life quiet as seriously as we do. Change what you can change, and accept what you cannot. Make goals so you can accomplish the changes you want to make, and do them.
2) Learn to laugh at yourself. Give yourself a break! You are human and will make mistakes. This is part of the learning and growing process of life.
3) Laugh everyday! Watch, listen, write, or tell some form of comedy, and share it with others.
4) Make laughter a part of your ritual and daily routine. The Divine gave you laughter not only a form of medicine, but a way for you to enjoy life’s ride and what it has to offer. Recognize that.
5) Laughter is very contagious in groups! Like sneezing, laughter is very contagious. Once someone starts laughing, there is very little one can do before she or he joins in!